Sunday, September 21, 2003

I’M A PUNDIT!

Just to catch up, knowing full well no one cares -- especially now -- I’d like to share my thoughts on two matters. At the very least, I consider these items to be experiments in pithiness. At the most, they’re sentiments I heard no one utter so simply while they still mattered.

On Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, now suspended for refusing a court order to remove a monument to the Ten Commandments from his courthouse: A federal judge who refuses to follow the law, citing a higher law, is sure to be popular with all sorts of defendants. On the downside, Moore’s stand invalidates our court system and the idea of law in general.

On U.S. actions in Liberia last summer: In the face of a deadly conflagration, Liberians called for the firefighters. We vowed to rush right in to help -- just as soon as all flammable materials were removed from the premises.

No comments: