Saturday, October 25, 2003

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER

What? Still no word from Cingular Wireless?

No, not as of yesterday, so I called the company again and reminded them that their agreement to let me out of my contract was, so far, just a lot of talk. Cingular worker Kamille Gregory told me Sept. 30 that she’d send me our breakup note the next day; when I hadn’t gotten it by Oct. 10, I called back (and discovered she’d sent the letter to someone else) and was told again that the letter was on its way.

Two weeks later, nothing.

And during my latest, and last, round of calls, yesterday, the customer service representative handling me by agreeing to fax me the letter put me on hold and -- ah, nostalgia -- lost me. I was left holding a telephone receiver telling me that if I’d “like to make a call ...”

But success, I think, as the final rep of the day managed to survive my outraged ranting and fax me the letter. It’s dated Oct. 10, making me wonder about that Sept. 30th promise, as well as the claim of an incorrect address, but no matter. Here it is, misspellings and such intact:

“Dear Mr. Levy,

“Cingular Wireless strives for premium customer service and we are very displeased that we were unable to meet your demands for service.

“Per our phone conversation on October 1, 2003, this letter is acknowledgement that we have agreed to cancel your wireless account without you having fulfilled your commitment due to expire on August 2, 2004. Any associated termination penalties will be waived upon the return of your wireless equipment. Please remit to my attention at the following address:

“Cingular Wireless, 17000 Cantrell Road, Little Rock AR 72223

“If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me at 1 (866) 220-8446 ext. 2110.

“Sincerely, Kamille Gregory, Cingular Wireless, Office of the President.”

No comments: